On November 5th, the Alabama Forestry Foundation and the Forest Workforce Training Institute will be hosting a Forestry Career Day event at Brierfield Ironworks State Park in Bibb County, AL. Forestry Career Days are FREE for students and will provide them with fantastic opportunities to meet potential employers that are local – our goal is to help students explore career opportunities close to home so that we can boost our rural communities! Forest product manufacturing is the 2nd largest manufacturing industry in Alabama and most of that activity happens in rural communities.
These events include:
- exhibitors (booths) that represent business, industry and education (universities & colleges)
- equipment used in the industry that the students can get close to and explore
- hands-on demonstrations that give students an in-depth look at the roles of different careers (forester doing forest measurements, controlled burn demonstration, raptor show, water quality testing, wildlife biologist, etc)
- This event is open to 9th-12th grade students in Bibb, Tuscaloosa, Hale Perry, Chilton, and Shelby County.
- Lunch will be provided for free to students who register before October 23rd.
We are seeking local Forestry and Forest-product related companies to exhibit, as well as students to attend – shareable facebook posts have been made at the Forestry Works Facebook page
For more information contact Ashley Rowe: 334-481-2136 if you have any questions.