“Special Care for Special Kids”
In the heart of Alabama, the Family Guidance Center of Alabama is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of relative childcare providers through their Kids and Kin Program. This invaluable statewide initiative is designed to offer support, guidance, and resources to grandparents, aunts, uncles, and older siblings who step in to provide childcare for their relatives’ children. On September 26, 2023, from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., a special event is taking place at the Bibb Centreville Library, 153 Walnut St., Centreville, AL 35042, to introduce the community to this remarkable program under the theme, “Special Care for Special Kids.”
What is the Kids and Kin Program?
Kids and Kin is a beacon of hope for those unsung heroes within our families who selflessly take on the role of caregivers for their relative’s children. This program, offered by the Family Guidance Center of Alabama, is entirely FREE and aims to provide vital support and assistance to these caregivers.
The Benefits of the Kids and Kin Program
Participants in the Kids and Kin Program are presented with a plethora of benefits, all aimed at enhancing their caregiving skills and improving the well-being of the children they care for:
- Educational Workshops: Kids and Kin offers a variety of workshops that cover essential topics such as Child Development, Positive Discipline and Guidance, Language Development, Health and Safety, First Aid and CPR, and much more. These workshops are conducted by experts in small, supportive groups, making learning both informative and enjoyable.
- Events for Providers and Children: The program hosts events that not only provide valuable information for caregivers but also create enjoyable and enriching experiences for the children in their care.
- Quarterly Newsletter: Stay informed about the latest updates, resources, and events through the Kids and Kin quarterly newsletter.
- Peer Support: Connect with other relative providers who share similar experiences and challenges. This network offers an invaluable support system.
- Community Resources: Access a wide range of community resources to further enhance the quality of childcare.
- Annual Provider Recognition Day: A day dedicated to recognizing and celebrating the incredible dedication of relative childcare providers.
Exclusive Opportunities for Participants
In addition to these benefits, participants in the Kids and Kin Program will have exclusive opportunities to receive:
- Up to $150 in FREE toys and educational materials: Enrich the lives of the children in your care with educational materials and toys.
- Choice of a smoke alarm, carbon monoxide detector, or first aid kit: Ensure the safety of your home and the well-being of your loved ones.
- FREE children’s books and door prizes: Promote literacy and learning among the children you care for.
For More Information
If you’re interested in joining the Kids and Kin Program or have questions, please contact Carmen Coleman, Child Care Partner for Bibb, Hale, Perry, and Tuscaloosa Counties, at 334-465-0049 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit the official website at www.familyguidancecenter.org or contact the Family Guidance Center of Alabama at 800.499.6597 ext. 211 or via email at email@example.com.
The Family Guidance Center of Alabama, located at 2358 Fairlane Drive, Montgomery, Alabama 36116, is committed to providing essential support to relative childcare providers through the Kids and Kin Program. Join this program today and make a positive difference in the lives of the children you care for, all while enjoying the camaraderie and resources of a supportive community. “Special Care for Special Kids” is not just a tagline; it’s a promise that the Kids and Kin Program is dedicated to fulfilling.