Tuning in to Kids® is a suite of parenting programs that focus on the emotional connection between parents/carers and their children, from pre-schoolers to teens. The evidence-based programs have proven success in improving parenting, parent-child relationships and children’s emotional competence and behaviour. The program focuses on the emotional connection between parents and children by helping parents become more aware of and able to manage their own emotions as well as teaching them skills in how to respond to their children using an emotion coaching parenting style.
Research has shown that there are a number of central skills that assist people to respond to emotions in themselves and others that are associated with better life outcomes. Often called emotional competence in the child development literature, or emotional intelligence in education, management or popular literature, these skills consist of:
- understanding one’s own emotions and being able to communicate with others about how one feels
- understanding other people’s emotions and being able to identify and interact with others when one or both parties are emotional
- regulating one’s own emotions (including reducing, maintaining or intensifying emotions) in a culturally and situationally appropriate way, and
- the ability to use emotion in one’s life to achieve one’s goals.
Tuning in to Kids TM helps children develop emotional intelligence (ei).
Research has shown that children with higher ei:
– Have greater success with making and keeping friends
– Have better concentration at school
– Are better able to calm down
The program is run exclusively by professionals who have been trained and certified as Tuning in to Kids® facilitators, and are in high demand both in the United States and internationally. This program is not only for parents, but anyone who works with children: teachers, social workers, counselors, school employees, etc.
Join us weekly on Zoom, starting today
Monday, November 1st through December 6th at 5:45pm. Click to Register! Or call 334-844-3772. https://aub.ie/ZoomTiKNov01-Dec06